- acetone nail polish remover
- cotton balls or pads
- aluminum foil
- a bowl or cup (for soaking your nails)
- a nail file or buffer
1. Pour some acetone into the bowl or cup. It should be enough to cover your nails completely.
2. Place your fingers or toes into the acetone for 10 minutes.
3. While your nails are soaking, cut the foil into small pieces that will fit comfortably over each nail.
4. After 10 minutes, take one finger or toe out of the acetone and wrap it in foil so that only the nail is exposed. Repeat with each finger/toe until they are all wrapped in foil.
5. Let your nails soak for another 10 minutes before checking to see if the gel polish has started to lift off yet. If not, soak for a few more minutes until the gel polish comes off easily when you gently rub it with a cotton ball or pad soaked in acetone . 6. Once all the gel polish has been removed, use a nail file or buffer to gently remove any remaining residue from your nails . Wash your hands with soap and water afterwards .
7. Your nails are now ready for a new gel polish manicure or pedicure! If you're doing it yourself, be sure to follow the instructions carefully. And if you're going to a salon, make sure to choose a reputable one that uses high-quality products.
Removing gel polish at home is easy and convenient, and it can save you money in the long run! So next time your gel polish starts to wear off, don't reach for the nail polish remover – try this method instead.